Cricket Quotes are the experiences, thought processes, and understanding of the game of the players and we are presenting you 25 Inspirational cricket quotes from one of the greats of the sport.
Cricket is one most popular sports in the world, and there are approximately 2.5 billion fans of the sport around the globe. Millions of young children pursue it as a career and follow their idols. There are several legendary players who have shared their experiences and what difficulties they faced during their careers. Many youngsters look up to them and follow their words, some even get inspiration and motivation after listening to these legendary players’ journey from their own mouths.
There are hundreds of priceless pieces of advice which can be helpful to any young player and we are going to show you some of those cricket quotes said by the legendary cricketers. They shared their experiences and understanding of the game of cricket.
Motivational Cricket Quotes With Images
1. “When people throw stones at you, you turn them into milestones.” – Sachin Tendulkar
The ‘God of Cricket’ Sachin Tendulkar opined that a player should focus on his/her game and reply to his/her critics with performances.
2. “Compromise for your dream. But never compromise on your dream.” – Imran Khan
One of the greatest captains of Pakistan and the ‘1992 World Cup Winner’ Imran Khan said that we should never compromise on our dreams.
3. “I have started not to take things too seriously, loving life is my motto.” – Dale Steyn
Dale Steyn who is arguably the best fast bowler ever South Africa produced, on his approach to living his life.
4. “Man, It don’t matter where you come in to bat, the score is still zero.” – Sir Vivian Richards
The Greatest of all time, Sir Viv Richards shared his understanding of the game.
5. “I have failed more times than I have succeeded, but I never gave up, and will never give up, till my last breath, and that’s what cricket has taught me.” – Yuvraj Singh
One of the best Indian all-rounders Yuvraj Singh said that cricket has taught him to never give up even failures after failures.
6. “I don’t believe in Technique, I believe in performance. If you are tough, whether you have technique or not, you will survive.” – Virender Sehwag
Nawab of Najafgarh shared his experience and said that survival in cricket depends on how good you perform not how good technique you have.
7. “A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own.” – Adam Gilchrist
Adam Gilchrist, one of the fearless cricketers of the 20th century said that an intelligent person learns from others’ mistakes and only a fool learns just from his mistakes.
8. “Successful people are not gifted, they just work hard then succeed on purpose.” – MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni, the Captain Cool shared his understanding of life and said that to become successful in life, you have to work hard. This is one of those cricket quotes which are applicable to both sports and life.
9. “The true test of any cricketer’s character is how he reacts when the going gets tough, when it’s time to dig in.” – Michael Holding
Michale Holding, one of the West Indian greats said that the true character of a player comes out when the player is having a tough time in the game.
10. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Rohit Sharma
Ro-hitMan Sharma, one of the best batters of the modern days said that a hard-working player can beat a talented player if the talented person doesn’t work hard.
11. “You’re always going to be criticized to a degree. Some people didn’t like Mother Teresa as well.” – Brendon McCullum
Former New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum stated that there will be at least one person who will criticize you no matter how good you are.
12. “Take risks, if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise.” – Hardik Pandya
Hardik Pandya, one of the best all-rounders of the current era and IPL 2022 title winner shared his experience.
13. “If it’s difficult, I will do it now. If it’s impossible, I will do it presently.” – Don Bradman
Don Bradman, one of the best players the game has ever seen shared how he approaches difficult and impossible tasks.
14. “I’m convinced things will go much better if the players smile and have some fun on the field, rather than acting like wound-up spring.” – Jonty Rhodes
Jonty Rhodes aka The Maritzburg mamba on how players should play the game of cricket.
15. “Whatever you want to do, do with full passion and work really hard towards it. Don’t look anywhere else.” – Virat Kohli
Virat ‘The Run-Machine’ Kohli who is arguably the best modern-day batter of all three formats said that you should not find excuses just do whatever you wanna do with passion and throw yourself into it completely.
16. “To me, cricket is a simple game. Keep it simple and just go out and play.” – Shane Warne
Shane Warne, the Greatest leg-spinner of all time shared his approach to the game during his career. This is one of those cricket quotes which doesn’t amaze us and does not even have anything unique but this is the basic thing that every young cricketer should keep in mind.
17. “If you’re good enough, you don’t need to say anything to win.” – Curtly Ambrose
One of the most dangerous bowlers of his time shared his thought with a short and straightforward quote.
18. “The best way to be successful is to be Fearless.” – Mithali Raj
The greatest female cricketer in the world recently got retired from the game. Mithali Raj is one of those women cricketers who inspired many young female players to pursue a career in cricket and she even shared her straightforward approach to the game.
19. “Actually nobody can be perfect in cricket. Everybody makes mistakes. It is important to learn from your mistakes and correct them.” – Kumar Sangakkara
The Sri Lankan Kumar Sangakkara shared his experience and said that everyone makes mistakes and no one can be perfect in cricket so it is important to learn from your mistakes.
20. “Concentration’s like a shower, you don’t turn it on until you want to bathe. That was cricket for me.” – Sir Garfield Sobers
Sir Garfield Sobers is one of those pioneers of cricket who inspired many cricketers in the world with his top-class performances. The 85-year-old (now) shared his thoughts on concentration.
21. “Things like determination, courage, discipline, temperament, these are also talent.” – Rahul Dravid
‘The Wall’ Rahul Dravid said that determination, courage, discipline, and temperament are also talents.
22. “First of all, convince yourself that you are the best because the rest of your life is going to proving this to others.” – Wasim Akram
Wasim Akram, the greatest Pakistani fast bowler shared his thoughts on how players should prepare themselves mentally.
23. “Cricket is the only sport in the world where you are absolutely horrible at something and you still need to go out and do it.” – Harsha Bhogle
Harsha Bhogle also known as the ‘Voice of Cricket’ shared his thoughts on cricket.
24. “Every Batsman Surveys the field before taking strike, and usually the fielders get imprinted on his mind. But in my head, I don’t see the fielders, I only see the gaps!” – Ricky Ponting
Ricky Ponting, one of the most successful captains in the world shared how his mind works differently from other batters when he is on strike.
25. “Spin bowling is like a software, if you don’t try and upgrade it, you will fall by the wayside.” – Ravichandran Ashwin.
R Ashwin, one of India’s greatest off-spinner shared his view on Off-spin.
Hope you like our work 🙂 Share and Comment the name of your favorite cricketers and their cricket quotes.
Watch: Cricket Videos